Academic warning is
a provision given to help a first year student obtain the minimum
pass grade to progress to the next semester. It may also avert
any premature dismissal because of two consecutive probations.
- A first year first semester student will be given a warning
if his/her semester G.P.A. is 1.75 to 1.99, inclusive.
- A first year second semester student who has been put on
warning in the first semester will be put on probation if his/her
C.G.P.A. is between 1.75 to 1.99, inclusive.
Academic Probation is a discretionary decision to allow students
failing to meet the required academic standards to continue their
studies. Since the purpose of probation is to permit the academic
rehabilitation of the student, probation can only be granted by
considering the circumstances of each student individually.
To benefit from probation there should be reason to believe that
the student can raise his/her grade to the required level of achievement.
- Academic probation is not a right but a privilege given
by the Senate of UUC.
- A first year first semester student whose semester GPA
falls between and including 1.50 and 1.74 will be put on probation.
- A student in the first year second semester and above shall
be put on probation if he/she fails to achieve a semester GPA
- In anticipation of possible improvement in his/her CGPA
in the following semester, a student in the second year and above
may be put on probation if his/her CGPA falls between 1.75 and
- A student cannot be put on probation twice. Instead of
a second probation, he/she will be dismissed.
Academic dismissal is a decision to disallow academic pursuit
in an institution of higher education.
- A first year student who fails to achieve a minimum semester
GPA of 1.50 in the first semester/term shall be dismissed.
- A first year, second semester student who is on warning
but who fails to achieve a minimum CGPA of 1.75 shall be dismissed.
- A student in the second year and above who has been on
warning or probation shall be dismissed if he/she fails to achieve
a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and a minimum semester GPA of 1.50.
- A student who fails to achieve a minimum semester GPA of
1.50 for three consecutive semesters shall be dismissed, irrespective
of his CGPA.
- An advanced standing student will be dismissed if he/she
fails to achieve a GPA of 1.75 in the semester in which he/she
- A readmitted student who fails to achieve a CGPA of 2.00
at the end of the second semester after readmission will be dismissed.
- Violation of other regulations of the University College
may also result in dismissal.